Come and Gone: A Reflection

12.26.2015

Well it's December 26th 2015 and Christmas (xmas for many) has come and gone. Dare I say hallelujah that xmas is over? I have to say that this was the most non-stressful and peaceful Christmas that I've had in like ever. I mean really.

Woke up about 8 am.  Opened gifts around 9:30am.  Dinner was ready to eat around 11 am. I cooked a lot of the meal the day before and we ate all day.  Chilled and enjoyed my family with there gifts.  My Christmas want this year was very humble. I would like some cute pajamas and some good house shoes, please.  Done and done. I was so content. Watched a little Youtube. Cleaned a little house, yup I washed dishes, vacuumed the carpet, and tidied up the living room.  Welcomed my brother and his girlfriend.  They stopped by to eat and hangout.  After they left, I tackled my hair then  I showered and threw on a pair of my new comfy pajamas. It was a wrap.

Working up to Christmas I reminded myself, it's not about the gifts.  It's not about me, it's not even about them. I made a conscious effort not to get caught up in the world's commercialized xmas.  And on Christmas there was a peace that was with me all the day long.  It was the peace and acknowledgement of Christ our Lord. The reason for the season.



Photobucket

4 comments :

LaNeshe M.W. said...

Sounds like it was a good Christmas for you!

BeULuv said...

The best!

Dee said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad you had a wonderful, stress free Christmas. I haven't had one of those since I was a kid. After reading your post, I can see why I'm always stressed for the holidays. I do allow myself to get caught up in the excitement, but I guess that's something I'll have to work on.

BeULuv said...

Happy New Year Dee! It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of the holidays, I pray that your holidays to come are stress free. Thank you so much for reading.

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs