Bah humbug attitude I rebuke thee

12.14.2014

Well I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season. For me the days have just been flying by without a care.  Wasn't it just Thanksgiving. Well yesterday in a attempt to get into the holiday spirit I put up the Christmas tree.  Or should I say the Christmas tree is now up so it feels a little more like Christmas.  Cause to be truthful I had no part in putting it together or decorating it.  In another attempt, I purchased a gift for my little nephew.  I hope he enjoys it but I have to say that buying it and thinking about whether he will like it or not didn't help what seems to be my bah humbug attitude. 

Maybe it's the 70 degree weather or the commercializing of Christmas that got my attitude all bah humbug.  Whatever the cause my be, bah humbug attitude I rebuke thee.  Yes, rebuke.  The more I think about it the more I see that everything that has me feeling this way is a ploy.


You see for me to bah humbug Christmas would be me also saying bah humbug to the birth of Jesus Christ.  The real reason for the season.  So no I don't want to get caught up in buying gifts that I can give any time of year. And yes I would prefer it to be cold outside, but all that is just the worlds criteria for Christmas.  I have to remember that I'm not of this world.  So Christmas for me should not be celebrated as the world celebrates it.  


Just from writing this post I feel the bah humbug attitude being lifted.  And an attitude of joy, peace, and thanksgiving being but in its place.  Thank you Jesus

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

Til next time

Photobucket

2 comments :

ReBorYn said...

Great post Luv! Ty for sharing...and reminding me Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

BeULuv said...

Thank you ReBorYn! Thank you for reading.

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs