People, Places, Things #6

7.17.2014



I joined a book club recently on MeetUp.com and this weekend was my first book discussion. I attended the discussion with my sister who also joined the club. The book up for discussion was a book that I would have never picked up to read otherwise.  This is the very reason why I joined a book club, I want to broaden myself and open myself up to reading new things. I usually just read african american fiction, christian fiction, some historical fiction and self help books.  I know there is sooo much more out there and I wanted to be open to trying it.

Over all I enjoyed getting different opinions of what others thought of the book. I enjoyed it for the most part, while others thought it was bad and others thought the plot was just plain stupid. lol. Like I said it was cool knowing what others thought. I'm looking forward to the next discussion.

I know it's late in the week but how did your weekend go? Do you have a love for reading? If so what are you reading now?

Til next time,

Photobucket

2 comments :

Ugo Ukam said...

i've been flooding my self with francine rivers books...i have them in pdf. but reading a book in my hand takes forever....i don't know why...may be a book club will help me.

BeULuv said...

@ Ugo Ukam is pdf the same as kindle or nook reading? I agree they are totally different reading experiences compared to reading a book with pages. Book clubs are fun go for it ☺

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs