Thought: Purpose For The Day

10.17.2013

I woke up this morning, thank you Jesus, with the feeling of purpose.  Merriam Webster defines purpose as follows

: the reason why something is done or used : the aim or intention of something
: the feeling of being determined to do or achieve something
: the aim or goal of a person : what a person is trying to do, become, etc.
Although each definition applies to what I want to say, for me, definition number two hit how I feel on the nose exactly.  I woke up this morning feeling determined to achieve.   For some, you haven't achieved anything if it isn't something big. And you don't have purpose unless your saving the world, etc. But today, for me, it was the many little things. I woke up this morning and fulfilled my purpose for the day.  

So what brought on this feeling of purpose? Someone telling me like it T I is.  It's funny the things that resonate with you and changes things. It was almost like a ah moment.  

It is not my purpose to save the world, but it is my purpose to be a great mother.
It is not my purpose to save the world, but it is my purpose to share with you all.
It is not my purpose to save the world, but it is my purpose to be the best me I can be.
It is not my purpose to save the world, but it is my purpose to not quit. 

Til next time

Photobucket

1 comment :

LaNeshe M.W. said...

That's great! Little achievements are still achievements and what one person thinks is a small purpose may be a great one to someone else.

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs