My junk got in the way: A sewing fail

8.24.2013

I attempted to sew this skirt.

asmallsnippet.blogspot.com

The directions where easy enough. I took the measurements for my waist and made it somewhat larger for room to walk  as the instructions state. I get the sewing and everything is going fine. All til I try it on before inserting the elastic, and guess what?  I didn't account for the junk in my trunk or my hips for that matter.  So the skirt is tight in that area and I can't wear it :(

As you can see my hips are causing the pockets to poke out.

But try, try again!  I will be remaking this and this time I will take into account a few extra measurements.  

I'm a little disappointed that I can't reuse this fabric. I love it! But what I have left of it isn't enough to make another.  So I still want an african print, and I  searched the web and finally found a print I like. 

African Maasai Fancy Star Fabric
Can't wait to receive it and get to work. I'll post pics when finished. Soooo excited!

Til' I post again

Photobucket

4 comments :

LaNeshe M.W. said...

Awww, sorry it didn't work out. Maybe you can make a bag or something out of that fabric.

BeULuv said...

Thank you LaNeshe. A bag is a great idea!

alx said...

Really nice fabric choices.

You've inspired me to make a clothing item, will put it on my fall "to do" list.

BeULuv said...

Thanks Alx! Post what you make to your blog when your done. I wanna see! lol

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs