Me and the machine

2.19.2012

I just recently got a question asking to recommend a sewing machine for beginners. Although I'm no expert, I am a beginner myself and when I brought my machine I sought out just that. A machine great for beginners. My sewing skills are bare minimal, so any fancy buttons or do dads would just confuse me so I went with the most simple machine I could find. I chose the Brother LX-3125. This machine is great, very simple and easy to use. I would highly recommend it for beginners. It also has a great price point, under a $100.  So you can get into sewing without investing a lot.  So that's my opinion, if you have anything to add or want to suggest a different machine please feel free.  I hope this helps.  Til' next time.


Photobucket

3 comments :

caribbelle said...

I'm still going strong with my first sewing machine. It's a brother LS-2125; I don't know if its still in production but I get good use out of still.

Its due for an oiling pretty soon though. It was a gift and I believe it ran for about $78 bucks, so it didn't hurt anyone's pocket too badly. I'll upgrade one day but I'm getting the most out of this little machine first. <3

alx said...

Thanks so much for this post.

After I saw that fancy skirt you made, I was like I have to ask about a machine.

I have patterns and no machine and want to make some dresses.

I will definitely look into buying this machine.

jamie said...

yaaay! Congrats! Mine was under $100 too. My mom bought it-it's a Singer for beginners and does everything I need it to do and more. Happy sewing! :-)

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs