Share, Share alike

6.20.2010

My dear, dear sister shared these poems with me and now I would like to share them with you.


And God Said No

by Claudia Minden Weisz


I asked God to take away my pride. And God said “No”.
He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.


I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said “No”.
He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.


I asked God to grant me patience. And God said “No”.
He said patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn’t granted, it is earned.


I asked God to give me happiness. And God said “No”.
He said He gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.


I asked God to spare me pain. And God said “No”.
He said suffering draws me apart from worldly cares and brings me closer to Him.


I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said “No”.
He said I must grow on my own. But He will prune me to make me fruitful.


I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said “No”.
He said He will give me life, that I may enjoy all things.


I ask God to help me love others, as much as he loves me.
And God said “Ah, finally you have the idea!”


Heaven’s Grocery Store

by Ron DeMarco
I was walking down life’s highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read “Heaven’s Grocery Store”.
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels, they were standing everywhere.
One handed me a blanket and said, “My child, shop with care”.
Everything a Christian needs is in that grocery store,
And all you can’t carry, come back the next day for more.


First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.
Further down was Understanding, needed everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith,
I just couldn’t miss the Holy Ghost, it was all over the place.


I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run this race,
But then my blanket was getting full, and I remembered I needed Grace.
I didn’t forget Salvation, which like the others was free,
So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.


Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do my Master’s will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw Prayer, and had to put it in,
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.


Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near, so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the Angel, “Now how much do I owe?”
The Angel smiled and said, “Just take them everywhere you go.”


Again, I politely asked, “How much do I really owe?”
The Angel smiled again and said, “My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago.”


Photobucket

1 comment :

MJ said...

Thanks for these- they really made my day! Gotta get to the grocery store for sure...

Post a Comment

I luv to hear from my readers, so feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

All negativity and spam will be deleted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs